City staff recently prepared a draft Economic Development Initiatives and Work Plan (Work Plan) which reflects ongoing and planned efforts to promote sustainable economic development and transform San Leandro into a center for innovation. City staff is seeking input from the community to shape the Work Plan.
It was presented to City Council on May 13. To view the Draft Work Plan, please visit the City of San Leandro webpage http://www.sanleandro.org/draftworkplan. The Work Plan is intended to inventory and categorize ongoing and planned economic development projects and programs in San Leandro. Economic development activities are categorized into one of nine initiatives:
1. Support and Retention of Existing Businesses
2. Marketing and Business Attraction
3. Completion of Strategic Development Projects
4. Downtown San Leandro
5. Development of Infrastructure Critical to Business Activity
6. Lit San Leandro and Broadband
7. Development of a Healthy Tech and Innovation Ecosystem
8. Regional Coordination and Policy Development
9. Successful Completion of Redevelopment Agency Unwinding
A finalized Work Plan is expected to be considered for adoption by the City Council later this year.
For more information, call Jeff Kay, Acting Business Development Manager at (510) 577-3319.
To contribute your thoughts and input, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.